Starting today, dogs are allowed on the beach in Cocoa Beach. However...it's on a six-month trial basis.
Here are some things you need to know:
- Dogs are only allowed from 6 to 10 a.m. and from 5 to 9 p.m. in the evening. Evening hours will change to 5 to 7 p.m. when the time changes in November.
- Dogs must be on a leash six feet long or shorter.
- Pets are only permitted between 4th Street South and north of Murkshe Park.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs. Disposal stations are available at each crossover from 4th Street South to North of Murkshe Park.
- Dogs are not allowed on dunes or turtle nests.