Let's be honest, we all do it. Well, if you really want to know how to properly pronounce the names of celebrities and things we know and love...here ya go!
- Ikea - As it turns out, we’re not saying the name of the store the same way they do in their home country of Sweden. We say [eye-KEY-uh] ...it's actually [ee-KAY-uh].
- Princess Eugenie - She’s getting married this Friday and we think her name is pronounced [you-JEAN-knee] or [you-JEN-knee], but her name is actually [YOU-juh-knee].
- Chrissy Teigen - We all say [TEE-gen], but she says it’s really [TIE-gen].
- Ariana Grande - If you assume her name pronounced [GRAHN-day], you’re not alone. We all do! But, it’s supposed to be [Gran-DEE].
- Nutella - That chocolate-hazelnut spread we all love is actually [NEW-tell-uh], not [NUH-tell-uh].
- Sriracha - People commonly call this popular chili sauce [sree-ROTCH-ah], but it’s really supposed to be [SEE-rah-cha]. It’s named after a coastal town in Thailand, Si Racha.
- Porsche -Here in the U.S. we usually call it [PORSH] with just one syllable, but the company is named for its founder, Ferdinand Porsche, and his last name has two syllables: [POOR-sha].
Source: New York Post