If for some reason in 2018, you still think climate change isn't a real thing...PLEASE SNAP OUT OF IT! The United States Geological Survey, or USGS, just released a new study that said many Pacific Islands that the US Military uses as bases are going to be underwater and uninhabitable by as early as 2030!!! That's only 12 years from now!
Now, I tell you this not to freak you out, but as one of the few "Green People" I know, I feel like not enough is being done to protect our planet from literally dying, and then putting our lives underwater.
Seriously, if we don't stop using fossil fuels, if we don't stop throwing away plastics, if we can't find ways to use renewable resources, our planet is going to die. We are going to die. Central Florida will no longer exist, as you can see in this video:
There are many things you can do daily, to decrease your carbon footprint:
- Turn off all your lights when you leave the house everyday (this includes bumping your AC up to 82 when you leave the house)
- Stop letting the sink water run while you brush your teeth, TURN OFF THE WATER!
- Recycle any and all plastics you use, we can now turn recycled bottles into clothing SO RECYCLE!
- Carpool, carpool, carpool!
- Don't eat beef for a week a month, the beef industry is one of the top leaders in methane gases into the atmosphere! Deforestation means less trees, which leads to less trees breathing in carbon dioxide, which means more cow farts in the atmosphere
I'm off my soap box, but look the future is going to depend on how you act today. If we keep doing what we're doing, Central Florida is underwater, and you get to tell your grand kids that you didn't think Climate Change was a real thing...